You have a vested interest in property and construction. You'll want to keep up to date with the issues that will affect the success of your business and shape the city's skyline in years to come.
Construction Voice allows you to do just that.
Planning and population, design and sustainability, politics and the economy - it brings together leading figures from the construction sector, and experts who provide updates and insights, inviting you to join the discussion.
Have a constructive say on the issues that matter to you and your business. And be heard by the city's movers and shakers: architects and developers; surveyors and builders; politicians and planning officers.
"The Construction Voice events have covered a wide range of topics and have been invaluable in helping to connect the Property and Construction industries to the wider issues affecting the city. It's been great to be involved and help frame the discussion on how we can work together to improve our city." - Gavin Stewart, Executive Director, Brighton & Hove Economic Partnership
Feel you've missed out? Catch up on past Construction Voice events here:
- Arguments for, against and about construction and development in our city, October 2023
- Money makes the world go round, but how fast and in which direction in the years ahead?, July 2023
- How to create a balanced city with conflicting needs and demands, December 2022
- Does Brighton have any hope of meeting its raised housing targets?, July 2022
- The rise of Build to Rent, March 2022
- Harnessing carbon reduction in the property and construction sector, November 2021
- What solutions can the property sector offer Local Government?, July 2021
Read our follow-up letter from August 2021 to Brighton & Hove City Council CEO, Geoff Raw, with recommendations to boost development in our city, here. And, find out what changes the Council have now made in response to these recommendations as of May 2022, here.
- Is the Brighton and Hove City Plan on track?, March 2021
- What does the future hold for commercial development in the greater Brighton region?, Nov 2020
- From crisis to recovery: adapt, learn and collaborate, July 2020
- Ethics vs Economics in construction… we’re ready to be more sustainable - shall we just get on with it?, January 2020
- What are ‘Developer Contributions’? Are communities getting value for money?, February 2018
- Construction Voice: Fit for purpose, October 2017
- Construction Voice: Viability and the barriers to progress, April 2017
- City Plan Part 2 – aspirational and achievable?, June 2016
- Constructing Great Communities, February 2016
- Is a ‘Greater Brighton’ better for your business?, November 2015
- Build an affordable, beautiful Brighton - without breaking the bank, June 2015
- Pre-election Construction Voice. The only heckling came from the birds..., April 2015
- Brighton's development dilemma, October 2014