Finding grants and funding
Help, resources and signposting
If you need help, advice or support navigating the world of finance and funding, here are some of the resources and grants available at the moment.
If you'd like to find out more about any of these, need some additional signposting or the latest updates:
GRANTfinder at the Business & IP Centre
If you’re looking for a general overview of the funding and grant opportunities available to businesses, the Business & IP Centre based out of Jubilee Library in Brighton has a handy free to use database: GRANTfinder.
Filter, search and refine results by type, location, sector and stage of business to find the right funding for your business. Their database resources also include topical articles, how-to guides and tips for application writing.
They’ve also got plenty of other databases available to help you research a business idea, understand your market and customers, or keep track of your competitors.
Eagle Labs Funding Readiness Programme
A programme to help to demystify funding and to provide founders with the skills and knowledge they need to fund their business growth.
The online sessions cover:
- Grant funding
- Equity investment
- Alternative ways of funding your business
You'll also get access to 1:1 mentoring support from a grant or crowdfunding expert. Find out more and register your interest here for their next cohort.
Innovate Edge UK
Part of the UK innovation agency, Innovate Edge UK offers bespoke support that helps grow and scale innovative businesses. Your business might be working in tech and innovation, changing a process or product, or innovating in your business.
Programmes and initiatives include:
- South East Create Growth Programme – for creative businesses wanting to secure commercial investment
- Net Zero Make and Use Programme - key building blocks for businesses to transform for a resource efficient future
- Future Economy Round 7 - loans for micro, small and medium sized businesses with projects focused on future economy
- Investment readiness and support - bespoke support to help develop an approaches to secure funding
Find out more about Innovate Edge UK, and more support programmes available, on their website.