Chamber Breakfasts are held every month, bringing together a wide range of businesses. With 70+ attendees, there’s lots of opportunities to meet people, followed by a sit-down breakfast and a different, thought-provoking speaker every month. It all adds up to a thoroughly stimulating start to the day.
Our ambassadors are on hand to welcome new members and help with introductions.
- Early start so you won’t be (very) late for the office
- Wide range of businesses attend
- Inspiring speakers talking about their business journey
Pop-up Breakfasts, as their name suggests, take place at different venues all over the city, many of them special places in their own right. They attract 40-50 attendees and are perfect for easy, friendly networking.
The Pop-ups have plenty in common with their big brother, the Chamber Breakfast, offering a delicious cooked breakfast, a stimulating speaker and excellent opportunities to connect with others.
- Later start if you’re busy first thing
- Different quirky venues in the city – try somewhere new each time
Make the most of your lunch hour with our Chamber Lunches. You’ll hear from a business owner or leader who will talk about their journey and what they have learned along the way. You’ll switch seats between courses to make the most of the chance to network.
- Hear from a business leader in the city
- Aimed at owners, founders or managers
- Delicious food – no sandwiches on the fly!
If you like your networking to be structured without being regimented, and pacey without being frenetic, our slo-mo events are for you. They are based on the idea of speed-networking, but at a more relaxed pace. You’ll get to talk about your business to many of the others in the room, and we’ll facilitate quality introductions to any other businesses you want to meet.
- Structured and facilitated networking
- Set up to maximise the number of people you meet
- Great for people who want to focus on building networks quickly and efficiently
Our socials are smaller, relaxed events that are usually held in the evening. From wine and beer tasting to poker and summer parties, these events are fun and ideal for building relationships and getting to know people.
- Often in the evening – ideal if you aren’t an early bird or can’t spare time from work
- Relaxed networking usually over good food and drink
- Socially focused with no speaker – just the chance to make connections, build good business relationships and have fun
Behind the Scenes tours
These popular member-only events give you privileged access to exciting or historical places in the city, from the Theatre Royal and the Pavilion to the Brighton Sewers and Shoreham Port. With such an interesting focus, you’ll learn something new and make some great connections in a different and informal way. They are usually 5.30pm-7pm and include a drink and light refreshments.
- Fun and informative visit to an interesting place in Brighton
- A rare chance to go behind the scenes at some of our best-loved venues
- Small group – relaxed networking
New Member Welcome
These events are for new members, new employees, those we haven't seen for a while and members who simply want to find out more. Held at member venues, they’re free to attend and include light refreshments.
We hold these events every other month. There will be be 25-40 members to meet and get to know each time.
- Find out how to make the most of your membership
- Get to meet other new members and start building your Chamber network
- Meet the Chamber team
Member Meet-ups (virtual)
These virtual meet-ups are an opportunity to build your network and share your expertise with other Chamber members.
You and up to six other businesses will chat about what you do, what you need support with and who you'd like to meet. Our Head of Member Engagement, Amy Lishman, will facilitate these online discussions for you to help you make meaningful connections.
Join us online and bring your cup of tea/coffee with you!
- To strengthen and develop your business network.
- Just one hour - an efficient way to meet other businesses, get advice and grow your network.
Need to know
- Monthly Chamber Breakfasts (currently virtual): from 9 - 10:45 am
- Pop-up Breakfasts (paused during COVID): different venues all over Brighton, 9 – 11 am
- Chamber Lunches (paused during COVID): various dates and venues, 12 – 2:30 pm
- Slo-mo Networking (online): bi-monthly, 10 – 11:30 am
- Chamber Socials (paused during COVID): various venues, usually 6 – 7:30 pm
- Behind the Scenes: usually 5:30 - 7 pm, at exciting venues across Brighton and Hove
- New Member Welcomes (online): bi-monthly, 9:30 – 10:30 am
- Member Meet-ups (online): weekly at various times
Keep up to date with Chamber events
Click here and ‘Follow’ to receive alerts when our events go live on Eventbrite.