The Member Hour
A new service for members
A Member Hour is an opportunity for you to get free, personalised help or advice from another Brighton Chamber member. It’s a benefit for members only – you’ll need to be logged in to see what’s available.
If you’re looking for help with anything from book-keeping to blogging, you can browse the list of Member Hours and see if there’s someone offering the service you need.
If you have an expertise that you are willing to share, you can create a Member Hour and offer a free hour or so of your time to another member. It’s an excellent way to promote your services and give something back.
- Member Hours are categorised by topic. Find them in the Activity Hub and on members’ profiles
- Add as many Member Hours as you like. You can remove them at any time
- They can be a meeting, phone call or Skype chat
- Only members can see the Hours when logged in to the website
- To claim a Member Hour, simply click and make contact.
- Member Hours are a benefit of your Chamber membership.
- Member Hours should not involve payment. They are intended to be a free skill-sharing exercise for members to either showcase their services or access support.
- Member Hours are at the offering member’s discretion. If the member offering the hour finds that they no longer have the resources to offer the Hour, they are free to cancel the offer.
- If you’ve claimed a Member Hour and heard nothing back, we recommend following up once before assuming the Member Hour is no longer available.
- Sixty minutes is a guide. The Member Hours could be shorter (or potentially longer) at the discretion of the member offering the expertise.
- Member Hours do not need to be face-to-face. Skype or a phone call may be more suitable.
- Brighton Chamber is not able to provide meeting space for Member Hour meetings. However, please do contact us if you wish to find out about meeting rooms for hire in the city.
- There is no limit to the number of Member Hours a member can offer or claim.
- While Brighton Chamber cannot take responsibility for the quality or effectiveness of individual Member Hours, please let us know if you have any feedback.