Armchair Data Ltd
Brighton BN1 1AL
About Armchair Data
Sofia Carroll set up Armchair Data, a data protection compliance consultancy, because she saw first-hand how small companies and sole traders struggle with dealing with people's requests for personal data. The business has now expanded to work with freelancers, startups / SMEs and charities, helping them reply to subject access requests and enhancing their understanding of personal data use.
Armchair Data's services
Our goal is to make data protection work for your organisation.
Simplifying UK GDPR principles and concepts
- Reviewing your processes and making recommendations on how you could improve them, following current industry guidance and legal developments;
- Answering your data protection questions swiftly in bite-sized consultations;
- Producing reports or manuals on certain topics for internal or external use; web content or guides for you or your customers.
Advising on how to reply to subject access requests
- Benefit from practical guidance and materials on how to manage "SARs" within the deadline;
- Save time with our customisable email templates, report and checklists, covering key information needed for your response;
- Understand what you can exclude with our simple guide on exemptions used in SARs;
- Train your team to recognise these requests with an interactive session with our data protection specialist.
To tell us more about you need assistance with, please fill in our form.
Why work with Armchair Data?
However you ask us to help you, you will always receive the focused attention and specialist knowledge of the founder, for whom data protection is not just a job but has been a personal interest for many years.
- Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection, PDP;
- LLB Law, University of Essex;
- LLM Intellectual Property and Information Law, King's College London;
- Managerial experience in the Data Protection Team of a national charity, dealing with subject access requests and other information rights, as well as providing subject matter expertise to colleagues;
- Open-minded, enthusiastic and a keen learner, making consultations that much more accessible with a pinch of humour.
Read our blog for our take on data protection developments.