On the flip side, UK nationals have lost their right of free movement in Europe creating a host of practical challenges for work and business. In this session we will help you understand what is needed for both groups and how you can get on the front foot.
We will cover topics including:
The EU Settlement Scheme:
- How can employees apply, what will they get and where are the risks?
- How can employers help their people make an application and stay on top of things once a status is granted?
The new immigration system:
- Skilled worker visas and sponsorship: When can you employ people from overseas, becoming a sponsor and alternative visa categories
- Right to work checks and reducing the risk of illegal working
- Your HR policies for foreign workers: things to think about, things to do and ways to help them
- Immigration in Europe
- When can UK nationals visit Europe, when do they need a work permit?
- What is involved, how long will it take and how can you make the most of EU law
You can send your questions in advance to Daisy and there will be a chance to submit your questions during the session.
From Brighton with Love includes a series of expert panel events, Your Questions Answered sessions, and Export Leaders peer network sessions. This package of support is designed to help businesses through the EU transition and give them the confidence to embark on international trade.
This new initiative is led by Brighton Chamber and supported by Brighton & Hove City Council with event partner Brighton & Hove Economic Partnership. Its aim is to provide Brighton area businesses with expertise that will see them through the EU Transition and beyond.
All sessions are held virtually, open to all, and free to attend.
Brighton & Hove City Council website has a web page that’s updated regularly Brexit in Brighton & Hove with useful follow-up support and resources.
Any questions, email email@example.com
Design by Sublime
What's the refund policy?
Places are limited, and events are usually oversubscribed. Please give two working days’ notice via email for a refund* or you’ll be required to pay for your place in full.
*Eventbrite booking fees are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled or there are duplicate charges.
Can I attend if I am not a member of the Chamber?
All sessions will be held virtually, open to all, and free to attend. If you'd like to join the Chamber you can find out more on our website.
How do I find out about other upcoming events and news?
To receive news about the Chamber and our events please sign up to our mailing list.
Time: 1pm - 2pm
Date: Thu 15 / 04 / 21
Name: Your Questions Answered: The UK’s new immigration system> Book now