Placements last for six months and the scheme will pay the cost of 25 hours per week at the National Minimum Wage.
On 11 November 1-2pm, Brighton Chamber will be joined by Mischa Harrison and Steve Benwell, to answer questions about this new scheme. Steve is the Jobcentre Customer Service Manager and Employer Services team leader Mischa is the Partnership Manager at the Department of Work and Pensions in Brighton.
CEO at Brighton Chamber, Sarah Springford will chat with Steve and Mischa to clarify how the scheme will work in practice.
We’ll cover and answer questions on:
- The Kickstart Scheme – the essential facts – ages, time scale, money, eligibility and conditions etc
- What are the employers responsibilities?
- About the Gateway Organisations (the Intermediary organisations that employers apply through) – How many are there locally, how do they differ in what they offer?
- What happens if a Gateway organisation has just submitted a bid or has more than 30 placements already?
- Recruiting your placements – how does this work?
- How does the DWP (Department of Work and Pensions) find suitable candidates and match them to the vacancies?
- Can employers advertise their vacancies and find their own candidates?
- How do the financial work: getting reimbursed, salary, national Insurance and Pensions contributions.
You can send questions in advance to Daisy - email@example.com - and they’ll be a chance to submit your questions during the session.
These sessions are brought to you in collaboration with Coast to Capital Growth Hub.
What's the refund policy?
Places are limited, and events are usually oversubscribed. Please give two working days’ notice via email for a refund* or you’ll be required to pay for your place in full.
*Eventbrite booking fees are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled or there are duplicate charges.
Can I attend if I am not a member of the Chamber?
If you have never been a member of the Chamber you can book and join as a guest at two of our events (just one Chamber Breakfast). After this, you will need to join the Chamber to enjoy the benefits of membership. If you'd like to join the Chamber you can find out more on our website.
How do I find out about other upcoming events and news?
To receive news about the Chamber and our events please sign up to our mailing list.
Time: 1pm - 2pm
Date: Wed 11 / 11 / 20
Name: Q&A (virtual): The government’s Kickstart Scheme> Book now
Thu 05 / 11 / 20
New horizons (virtual) – could trading overseas be for me?
9.30am - 11.30am> Find out more
Thu 19 / 11 / 20
Brighton Chamber and First Base presents: The Big Brighton Quiz!
4pm - 5.30pm> Find out more
Wed 25 / 11 / 20
Construction Voice: What does the future hold for commercial development in the Greater Brighton Region?
3.30pm - 5pm> Find out more