If you wanted to do some market research but did not know where to start, or were put off by the costs, this interactive workshop helps understand and practice some simple techniques.
The main focus of the session is on talking to people to get insights into your market, product or service:Who do you speak to; where and when do you do it; what do you talk about; and how do you conduct that conversation?
Part one: What is market research? (20 mins)
- Why is market research important
- The barriers to doing it
- The different ways to do it
- Timescales and budgets
Part two: Methods (30 mins)
- How to formulate research questions
- Identifying the key questions
- Making the question more precise
- Methods and strategies to find answers to those questions
Part three: Case study practice session (20 Mins)
- Preparing a research plan for a case study
Break (5 mins)
Part four: Putting the plan into action (25 mins)
- Practicing asking the questions and dealing with responses
- Feedback on exercise
- What are the questions for your own business and how would you get the answers to them?
About the Trainer
Dr Jonathan Newman has been conducting research into markets for almost two decades. His company Deep Research helps a range of companies and service providers understand more about the relationship between their service and their service users. In the past year he has worked with corporates like (TikTok, Amazon and Uber) to early start-ups like Zap or NGOs like Refugee Support Europe.
This event is taking place at BIPC Sussex, located on the first floor of Jubilee Library, Jubilee St, Brighton BN1 1GE
Time: 10.30am - 12.30pm
Date: Thu 29 / 02 / 24
Name: Introduction to Conducting Your Own Market Research
Venue: BIPC, Jubilee Library
Location: Jubilee St, Brighton and Hove, Brighton BN1 1GE, UK
Price: Free> Book now