About This Event
Survivors’ Network is the Rape Crisis centre for Sussex, supporting survivors of sexual violence and abuse in Brighton and Hove and across Sussex. This training has been developed by the Survivors' Network team.
About this course
The impact of rape and sexual assault is varied and complex. Individuals react in different ways at different times and in the same way that no two people are the same, each person who has experienced sexual violence will react in a different way. Learning about the impact of rape and sexual assault will help anyone working with or supporting a survivor to gain a better understanding about what they may be experiencing. This course helps to challenge myths surrounding expected reactions to rape and sexual assault, and to understand the processes at play that may bring about different responses and reactions, in the moment and afterwards. We will go on to consider some practical ways in which we may respond, support that is available locally and nationally, and move on to reflect on the impact on us supporting someone who has been through these experiences.
• Define sexual violence and abuse
• Exploring myths about rape and sexual violence and/or abuse
• Describe trauma and its impact
• Describe the impact of sexual violence and abuse on the health and wellbeing of the survivor
• Identify and implement support measures for survivors
• Explain what services and support are available in the city
• Identify own needs as a supporter
Who is this course for?
Anyone who wants to know more about how rape or sexual violence impacts people, for personal or professional reasons. This course is intended to offer an introductory understanding of sexual violence and the impact of this. It will provide a good foundation to further learning.
Terms of booking
• You will receive the Zoom Link in your booking confirmation email
• Attendees must be over 18yrs old unless specifically stated as young people’s training
• Cancellations made 14 days before the course date will receive a refund (minus the Eventbrite fees)
• Cancellations made after this date will receive a 50% refund (minus the Eventbrite fees)
• Refunds will not be given for non-attendance or cancellations less than 24 hours before the start of the course
• Courses may be cancelled by Survivors’ Network and a full refund will be given
Please note: course content may be distressing or triggering and although we aim to ensure that you are fully supported it is the individual’s responsibility to ensure the course is suitable for them at that time
The details that we receive from you in order to process your booking will be stored on the secure SN server and outlook system. This will be managed by the Business Development Team.This will be used to contact you about the training you have signed up to. These details will be deleted within 12 months of initial contact. If you wish for this to be removed sooner, you can contact: email@example.com
If you would like to sign-up to our Mailing List to be updated about upcoming events, training, vacancies and updates on our services, click here: https://survivorsnetwork.us3.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=66ad2ade75ab50ced2924fec1&id=588ac7b8fb
You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
The full SN GDPR policy is available on the website
Time: 9.30am - 1pm
Date: Tue 02 / 11 / 21
Name: Impact of Sexual Violence and Abuse: Online Training
Location: 6A, pavilion buildings, Brighton BN1 1EE, UK> Book now